The Best 30 Things to Do in Istanbul
Istanbul, a city with a rich and diverse history, is a fascinating destination for tourists from all over the world. From ancient ruins to modern attractions, Istanbul has something to offer everyone.
This page will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the many things to do in Istanbul. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or simply enjoying the city’s vibrant atmosphere, you’ll find something to keep you busy in Istanbul.
List of The Best 30 Things to Do in Istanbul:
- Hagia Sophia: Explore the architectural marvel that has a history as a church, mosque, and museum.
- Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmed Mosque): Admire the stunning interior and six minarets of this iconic mosque.
- Roman Hippodrome and Monuments: Step onto the grounds that once pulsed with life during the Byzantine era—a former hub of sports, social gatherings, and fervent contests.
- Topkapi Palace: Discover the opulent history of Ottoman sultans through their palace and treasures.
- Grand Bazaar: Shop for unique souvenirs, spices, textiles, and more in this historic market.
- Spice Bazaar: Immerse yourself in the vibrant colors and aromas of exotic spices and sweets.
- Bosphorus Cruise: Take a boat ride to witness the city’s skyline and historic landmarks from the water.
- Basilica Cistern: Visit this underground cistern featuring mystical columns and reflections.
- Chora Church (Kariye Museum): Admire the intricate mosaics and frescoes depicting biblical scenes.
- Galata Tower: Climb for panoramic views of Istanbul’s old and new parts.
- Rumeli Fortress (from the sea): As you cast your gaze upon the monumental Rumeli Fortress, you stand in the presence of an awe-inspiring edifice that stands as a testament to both the strategic genius of Sultan Mehmet II and the city’s storied past.
- Istiklal Avenue: Explore the bustling street with shops, cafes, and historic buildings.
- Dolmabahçe Palace: Marvel at the European-style luxury of this palace on the Bosphorus.
- Suleymaniye Mosque: Visit the city’s largest mosque and enjoy panoramic views from its courtyard.
- Miniaturk: See detailed replicas of Turkey’s landmarks in this miniature park.
- Princes’ Islands: Take a ferry to these tranquil islands for a break from the city.
- Turkish Bath (Hamam): Experience relaxation through a traditional Turkish bath.
- 3 Days Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul:Consider 3 days trip by plane to witness the unique rock formations and hot air balloons.
- Pera Museum: Enjoy diverse art exhibitions in an elegant setting.
- Turkish Cuisine: Indulge in a variety of delicious dishes, including kebabs, baklava, and mezes.
- Balat Neighborhood: Wander through colorful streets and historic houses.
- Istanbul Modern Art Museum: Explore contemporary Turkish art along the Bosphorus.
- Galata Bridge: Walk across this iconic bridge connecting two sides of the city.
- Beylerbeyi Palace: Visit this elegant palace on the Asian side of Istanbul.
- Sailing on the Bosphorus: Take a sailing trip for a unique perspective of the city.
- Turkish Delight Workshop:Learn to make this famous sweet treat.
- Maiden’s Tower: Reach this historic tower by boat for panoramic views.
- 2 Days Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul : Consider 2 days trip by plane to witness the unique rock formations and hot air balloons.
- Street Food Tour: Sample local street food like simit, roasted chestnuts, and mussels.
- Dance and Music Performances: Enjoy traditional Turkish performances.
- Rüstem Pasha Mosque: Admire the beautiful Iznik tiles.
- Istanbul Archaeological Museums: Explore three museums showcasing artifacts from different eras.
- Pierre Loti Cable Car: Ascend to the pinnacle of delight, where the Pierre Loti Tea House awaits, graced by a stunning panoramic tableau of the Golden Horn.
- Marmaray: Venture into the depths of innovation as you explore the revolutionary Bosphorus rail link system that traverses beneath the Istanbul Strait.